Brazil's Diniz sells $431 mln in Pão de Açúcar shares at auction
SAO PAULO, April 9
SAO PAULO, April 9 (Reuters) - Abilio Diniz, chairman of Grupo Pão de Açúcar SA, raised 853 million reais ($431 million) through the sale of preferred shares of Brazil's largest retailer, as he gradually weakens ties with the company his father founded.
Diniz auctioned off 7.96 million shares at a price of 107.15 reais apiece, above the 104.50 reais minimum price set before the auction, a source with knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea