Brazil's Diniz sells $431 mln in Pão de Açúcar shares at auction
SAO PAULO, April 9
SAO PAULO, April 9 (Reuters) - Abilio Diniz, chairman of Grupo Pão de Açúcar SA, raised 853 million reais ($431 million) through the sale of preferred shares of Brazil's largest retailer, as he gradually weakens ties with the company his father founded.
Diniz auctioned off 7.96 million shares at a price of 107.15 reais apiece, above the 104.50 reais minimum price set before the auction, a source with knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds