Man kills 13 relatives and neighbours in Serb village
BELGRADE (Reuters) - A man in Serbia shot dead 13 people, mainly relatives and neighbors, in a village south of the capital Belgrade on Tuesday, police said.
Twelve people died at the scene and one in hospital. The gunman shot himself and his wife but it was not clear what their condition was.
"They were killed in five houses, mainly relatives and neighbors," Milorad Veljovic, the head of the Serbian Interior Ministry's emergencies department, told Radio B92. "We don't know the motive."
(Writing by Matt Robinson; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt