Multiple injuries reported in stabbing at Houston college
(Reuters) - At least 14 people were injured during a mass stabbing at a local community college in the northwest Houston area Tuesday morning, according to the local rescue officials.
Four people were critically injured during the incident at the Cy-Fair campus of Lone Star College in Harris County, the Cy-Fair volunteer fire department said.
One suspect was detained, local police said.
"LOCKDOWN at LSC-CyFair. Seek shelter now. If away, stay away," the school posted on Twitter at noon local time.
Three people were shot at a separate campus of Lone Star College in January.
(Reporting By Andrea Lorenz; Writing by Brendan O'Brien)
- More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks: coastguard
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Casual pot use causes brain abnormalities in the young: study
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
BOSTON, ONE YEAR LATER
A year after twin bombings shook the finish line of the Boston Marathon, a look back at an event that altered the city forever. Video