Multiple injuries reported in stabbing at Houston college
(Reuters) - At least 14 people were injured during a mass stabbing at a local community college in the northwest Houston area Tuesday morning, according to the local rescue officials.
Four people were critically injured during the incident at the Cy-Fair campus of Lone Star College in Harris County, the Cy-Fair volunteer fire department said.
One suspect was detained, local police said.
"LOCKDOWN at LSC-CyFair. Seek shelter now. If away, stay away," the school posted on Twitter at noon local time.
Three people were shot at a separate campus of Lone Star College in January.
(Reporting By Andrea Lorenz; Writing by Brendan O'Brien)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- Juicy Apple buoys shares, euro volatility sinks