Suspension of Chile Pascua-Lama project temporary -court
SANTIAGO, April 10
SANTIAGO, April 10 (Reuters) - A Chilean court's suspension of Barrick Gold Corp's massive, controversial Pascua-Lama gold and silver mine project is temporary, a court filing showed on Wednesday.
The court of appeals in the northern town of Copiapo will analyze indigenous communities' complaints the project is destroying glaciers and harming water supply.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case