Suspension of Chile Pascua-Lama project temporary -court
SANTIAGO, April 10
SANTIAGO, April 10 (Reuters) - A Chilean court's suspension of Barrick Gold Corp's massive, controversial Pascua-Lama gold and silver mine project is temporary, a court filing showed on Wednesday.
The court of appeals in the northern town of Copiapo will analyze indigenous communities' complaints the project is destroying glaciers and harming water supply.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |