Suspension of Chile Pascua-Lama project temporary -court
SANTIAGO, April 10
SANTIAGO, April 10 (Reuters) - A Chilean court's suspension of Barrick Gold Corp's massive, controversial Pascua-Lama gold and silver mine project is temporary, a court filing showed on Wednesday.
The court of appeals in the northern town of Copiapo will analyze indigenous communities' complaints the project is destroying glaciers and harming water supply.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Seagram chairman, WJC head Edgar Bronfman dead at 84
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens |