Family Dollar Stores posts higher profit
April 10 (Reuters) - Family Dollar Stores Inc posted a higher quarterly profit, as sales from newly added items such as cigarettes and Pepsi drove revenue.
Net income rose to $140.1 million, or $1.21 per share, in the quarter ended March 2, from $136.4 million, or $1.15 per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 17.7 percent to $2.89 billion, while comparable-store sales rose 2.9 percent in the quarter.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after deadline missed
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut