Buyout group bids $65 per share for Life Tech -sources
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - A private equity consortium bid $65 per share, or $11.1 billion, for Life Technologies Corp , but fell short of a rival offer from Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, two people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
Thermo Fisher's bid for the genetic testing equipment maker came in at the high-end of the $65-$70 per share range that it had been considering, two other people familiar with the matter said. The exact amount Thermo bid could not be obtained.
Blackstone Group LP, Carlyle Group LP and KKR & Co LP, which are part of the buyout consortium, declined to comment. Singapore's state investor, Temasek Holdings, which is also part of the consortium, could not be reached for comment.
Life Tech declined to comment. Thermo Fisher did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |