Nikkei edges up on optimism about easy policy
TOKYO, April 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged higher on Wednesday, helped by ongoing optimism about the economic outlook after the Bank Of Japan last week announced a sweeping monetary expansion campaign. But gains were capped on caution that the market may be overbought after touching a fresh five-year high on Tuesday. The Nikkei gained 0.3 percent to 13,229.00 after opening a tad lower, while the broader Topix added 0.2 percent to 1,104.06.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |