KOREA HOT STOCKS-LG Electronics hits year high on profit jump hopes
SEOUL, April 10
SEOUL, April 10 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was up 0.65 percent at 1933.13 points as of 0204 GMT.
Stocks on the move on Wednesday:
**LG ELECTRONICS UP ON EARNINGS JUMP HOPES**
Shares in LG Electronics rose as much as 3.9 percent to their highest in more than a year on expectations that the South Korean smartphone maker is likely to post a big jump in earnings as it gained market share from rivals including Apple and HTC.
LG's operating profit for the January-March period is expected to increase 176 percent to 295.8 billion Korean won ($259.6 million) from the previous quarter, as it increased smartphone shipments whereas the likes of Apple, HTC and BlackBerry suffered from falls, Lee Sun-tae, an analyst at NH Investment & Securities said in a report on Wednesday. ($1 = 1139.4500 Korean won) (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |