US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow gains more than 1 pct, led by tech stocks
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average index was up 1 percent in afternoon trading Wednesday, led by gains in blue chip technology stocks, including Cisco and Intel.
Cisco Systems Inc rose 2.9 percent to $21.57 and Intel Corp also rose 2.9 percent to $22.37.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 127.04 points, or 0.87 percent, at 14,800.50. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 17.33 points, or 1.10 percent, at 1,585.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 55.05 points, or 1.70 percent, at 3,292.91.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study