US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow gains more than 1 pct, led by tech stocks
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average index was up 1 percent in afternoon trading Wednesday, led by gains in blue chip technology stocks, including Cisco and Intel.
Cisco Systems Inc rose 2.9 percent to $21.57 and Intel Corp also rose 2.9 percent to $22.37.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 127.04 points, or 0.87 percent, at 14,800.50. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 17.33 points, or 1.10 percent, at 1,585.94. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 55.05 points, or 1.70 percent, at 3,292.91.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner