US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street extends gains, Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their gains on Wednesday, with the Nasdaq advancing 1 percent and the S&P 500 rising to its highest level ever.
Technology shares boosted the Nasdaq, with JDS Uniphase up 4.6 percent to $13.96 and Micron Tech up 3.4 percent at $9.90.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 80.29 points, or 0.55 percent, at 14,753.75. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 10.69 points, or 0.68 percent, at 1,579.30. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 35.47 points, or 1.10 percent, at 3,273.33.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official