US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street extends gains, Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their gains on Wednesday, with the Nasdaq advancing 1 percent and the S&P 500 rising to its highest level ever.
Technology shares boosted the Nasdaq, with JDS Uniphase up 4.6 percent to $13.96 and Micron Tech up 3.4 percent at $9.90.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 80.29 points, or 0.55 percent, at 14,753.75. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 10.69 points, or 0.68 percent, at 1,579.30. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 35.47 points, or 1.10 percent, at 3,273.33.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N