Sirius XM names Liberty Media CEO as its chairman
April 10 (Reuters) - Sirius XM Radio Inc named Gregory Maffei, chief executive of Liberty Media Corp, as chairman.
Maffei replaced Eddy Hartenstein, who would serve as lead independent director, Sirius said in a proxy statement. ()
Liberty Media became Sirius XM's majority owner in January after regulators gave it the green light to take control of the satellite radio operator, ending a prolonged battle for control that led to the departure of the previous CEO Mel Karmazin late last year.
Discovery Communications Inc CEO David Zaslav and Evan Malone, son of Liberty Media chairman John Malone, would join Sirius' board.
The directors would be elected in a shareholder meeting on May 21.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation