Suntech's main European unit gets 2-month debt moratorium
April 10 (Reuters) - Chinese solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said its main operating unit in Europe had been granted a provisional two-month moratorium on debt repayments.
The company said in a statement judicial authorities in Switzerland had granted the moratorium to allow the unit, Suntech Power International Ltd, to restructure its debt.
The moratorium comes less than a month after a group of the company's lenders dragged the company's main manufacturing unit in China into insolvency proceedings.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai