Manufacturers grateful for Japan govt deflation steps-Toyota president
OHIRA, Japan, April 10
OHIRA, Japan, April 10 (Reuters) - Japanese manufacturers are grateful for the government's steps to pull the country out of deflation, Akio Toyoda, the president of Toyota Motor Corp , said on Wednesday.
"The Japanese manufacturing industry is grateful for the government's quick attempt to bring Japan out of deflation that has continued for 20 years," Toyoda told reporters in northeastern Japan.
The yen, which hovered near record highs against the dollar last year, has fallen roughly 15 percent versus the greenback since Shinzo Abe became prime minister in December and pledged to end deflation.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source