Fed's Lockhart says "premature" to discuss reducing bond buys
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga., April 10
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga., April 10 (Reuters) - It is too soon for the Federal Reserve to begin considering a tapering or halt of its asset purchase stimulus program, Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart said on Wednesday.
"A lot of focus on that at the moment is maybe a bit premature," Lockhart told reporters during a press briefing on the sidelines of an Atlanta Fed conference. "We have to wait and watch how the data come in and see how the economy evolves."
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions