Dollar extends losses versus yen, hits session low
NEW YORK, April 11
NEW YORK, April 11 (Reuters) - The dollar slid further against the yen to hit a session low in early New York trade on Thursday.
The dollar fell to 99.15 yen on Reuters data and was last down 0.5 percent at 99.24 yen.
Despite the latest retreat, traders said the dollar still looked poised to take out the 100 yen mark following the Bank of Japan's aggressive monetary easing steps announced last week.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994