PKO eyes KBC's Czech unit CSOB, awaits Bank Millennium sale
WROCLAW, Poland, April 11
WROCLAW, Poland, April 11 (Reuters) - Poland's No.1 lender PKO BP is looking at the possible sale of Belgian KBC Groupe's Czech unit CSOB as part of its regional expansion, PKO chief executive said on Thursday.
"We are limiting our interest with foreign markets to the geographically close region," CEO Zbigniew Jagiello told reporters. "We are thinking about the Czech market and in this context we are thinking about the possible sale of CSOB by KBC."
The CEO added he expected the sale of Polish Bank Millennium - for the time being disavowed by its Portuguese owner Millennium bcp - to return as a possible subject in the autumn.
Earlier on Thursday, Jagiello mentioned Swedish Nordea's Polish unit Nordea Bank Polska as fitting for its local takeover policy.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes