PKO eyes KBC's Czech unit CSOB, awaits Bank Millennium sale
WROCLAW, Poland, April 11
WROCLAW, Poland, April 11 (Reuters) - Poland's No.1 lender PKO BP is looking at the possible sale of Belgian KBC Groupe's Czech unit CSOB as part of its regional expansion, PKO chief executive said on Thursday.
"We are limiting our interest with foreign markets to the geographically close region," CEO Zbigniew Jagiello told reporters. "We are thinking about the Czech market and in this context we are thinking about the possible sale of CSOB by KBC."
The CEO added he expected the sale of Polish Bank Millennium - for the time being disavowed by its Portuguese owner Millennium bcp - to return as a possible subject in the autumn.
Earlier on Thursday, Jagiello mentioned Swedish Nordea's Polish unit Nordea Bank Polska as fitting for its local takeover policy.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image