Qatar Airways CEO confident that Boeing's 787 will fly soon
CHICAGO, April 11
CHICAGO, April 11 (Reuters) - Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker said on Thursday he was confident that Boeing's 787 Dreamliner would be cleared to fly and carry passengers again soon, but he couldn't predict when that would be.
The airline suffered a serious impact and will seek compensation from Boeing for the Dreamliner being grounded worldwide after batteries overheated on two jets in January, Al Baker said at a press conference.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |