India's Tata Motors gains on hopes JLR global wholesales to improve
MUMBAI, April 11
MUMBAI, April 11 (Reuters) - Shares in India's Tata Motors Ltd rose as much as 4.9 percent on Thursday on hopes unit Jaguar Land Rover Ltd (JLR) would report solid global wholesales for March, which are due later in the day.
JLR said retail volumes grew by 16 percent in March on Wednesday. That exceed expectations by 8 percent, Kotak Institutional Equities said in a report, adding it will maintain Tata Motors as its top pick among Indian auto makers, with a "buy" rating and a target price of 335 rupees.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |