Telenor joins race for Myanmar mobile license
OSLO, April 11
OSLO, April 11 (Reuters) - Myanmar has selected Telenor as one of the companies that can bid for mobile phone licenses in the Asian country, the Norwegian telecoms firm said on Thursday.
"The company has prequalified for the competition to win one of two nationwide telecommunications licenses," Telenor said in a statement. (Reporting by Gwladys Fouche)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'