Unicredit to close bond buyback today, earlier than announced
MILAN, April 11
MILAN, April 11 (Reuters) - Unicredit said on Thursday it will close a bond buyback today at 1400 GMT, earlier than announced, as it has already received offers worth 3.2 billion euros ($4.19 billion).
Italy's biggest bank by assets launched the buy back on April 8 and said it aimed to purchase up to 3.5 billion euros of its senior bonds.
The move is meant to reduce debt coming due in the 2015-2017 period and improve the use of the liquidity.
($1 = 0.7642 euros) (Reporting by Francesca Landini; Editing by Lisa Jucca)
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter