Unicredit to close bond buyback today, earlier than announced
MILAN, April 11
MILAN, April 11 (Reuters) - Unicredit said on Thursday it will close a bond buyback today at 1400 GMT, earlier than announced, as it has already received offers worth 3.2 billion euros ($4.19 billion).
Italy's biggest bank by assets launched the buy back on April 8 and said it aimed to purchase up to 3.5 billion euros of its senior bonds.
The move is meant to reduce debt coming due in the 2015-2017 period and improve the use of the liquidity.
($1 = 0.7642 euros) (Reporting by Francesca Landini; Editing by Lisa Jucca)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor