Qatar Airways CEO confident that Boeing's 787 will fly soon
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker said on Thursday he was confident that Boeing's (BA.N) 787 Dreamliner would be cleared to fly and carry passengers again soon, but he couldn't predict when that would be.
The airline suffered a serious impact and will seek compensation from Boeing for the Dreamliner being grounded worldwide after batteries overheated on two jets in January, Al Baker said at a press conference.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data