Sanofi says authorities to assess new flu vaccine
PARIS (Reuters) - Sanofi said European authorities have agreed to review a marketing application for a new flu vaccine designed to combat the four strains of virus expected in the coming season.
The company's Sanofi Pasteur vaccine unit currently produces the three-strain Vaxigrip flu vaccine at a facility in Val de Rueil, in France.
The marketing authorization application for the quadrivalent version of Vaxigrip is intended to be presented in all countries of the world where Vaxigrip is currently commercialized, Sanofi said in a statement on Thursday.
(Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Blaise Robinson)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video