Sanofi says authorities to assess new flu vaccine
PARIS (Reuters) - Sanofi said European authorities have agreed to review a marketing application for a new flu vaccine designed to combat the four strains of virus expected in the coming season.
The company's Sanofi Pasteur vaccine unit currently produces the three-strain Vaxigrip flu vaccine at a facility in Val de Rueil, in France.
The marketing authorization application for the quadrivalent version of Vaxigrip is intended to be presented in all countries of the world where Vaxigrip is currently commercialized, Sanofi said in a statement on Thursday.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia