Former Kleiner partner Ellen Pao lands job at website Reddit
SAN FRANCISCO, April 11
SAN FRANCISCO, April 11 (Reuters) - Ellen Pao, the former Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers junior partner who is suing the venture capital firm for gender discrimination, has landed a new gig at the social-news website Reddit.
"She'll be working on helping us build strategic partnerships that benefit the community," wrote Reddit Chief Executive Yishan Wong in a blog post on Thursday. ()
Reddit is owned by publishing giant Conde Nast, which has spun it out as a standalone company.
Kleiner is one of Silicon Valley's most venerable venture firms, backing companies such as Amazon.com Inc and Google Inc. Pao filed a lawsuit against Kleiner last May and continued working there until she was terminated in October.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone