German investor makes 7.5 bln euro offer for Douwe Egberts coffee firm
AMSTERDAM, April 12
AMSTERDAM, April 12 (Reuters) - D.E Master Blenders 1753 , the maker of Douwe Egberts coffee and Pickwick tea, said on Friday a group led by German investor Joh A Benckiser (JAB) offered 12.50 euros per share in a takeover bid valuing the Dutch company at 7.5 billion euros ($9.84 billion).
JAB, the investment vehicle of the billionaire Reimann family, is building a global coffee empire with a portfolio of brands including Caribou Coffee Co Inc and Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea