German investor makes 7.5 bln euro offer for Douwe Egberts coffee firm
AMSTERDAM, April 12
AMSTERDAM, April 12 (Reuters) - D.E Master Blenders 1753 , the maker of Douwe Egberts coffee and Pickwick tea, said on Friday a group led by German investor Joh A Benckiser (JAB) offered 12.50 euros per share in a takeover bid valuing the Dutch company at 7.5 billion euros ($9.84 billion).
JAB, the investment vehicle of the billionaire Reimann family, is building a global coffee empire with a portfolio of brands including Caribou Coffee Co Inc and Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry