German investor makes 7.5 bln euro offer for Douwe Egberts coffee firm
AMSTERDAM, April 12
AMSTERDAM, April 12 (Reuters) - D.E Master Blenders 1753 , the maker of Douwe Egberts coffee and Pickwick tea, said on Friday a group led by German investor Joh A Benckiser (JAB) offered 12.50 euros per share in a takeover bid valuing the Dutch company at 7.5 billion euros ($9.84 billion).
JAB, the investment vehicle of the billionaire Reimann family, is building a global coffee empire with a portfolio of brands including Caribou Coffee Co Inc and Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt