D.E Master Blenders has not been in talks with other buyers -CEO
AMSTERDAM, April 12
AMSTERDAM, April 12 (Reuters) - D.E Master Blenders has not been in talks with other possible interested buyers of the Dutch coffee and tea maker, its chief executive said on Friday.
Asked if the company has had contact with other potential buyers of the group, D.E Master Blenders CEO Jan Bennink said "No, there has not".
The maker of Douwe Egberts coffee and Pickwick tea has received a 7.5 billion euro takeover bid ($9.8 billion) from a group led by German investor Joh A Benckiser (JAB), it said earlier on Friday.
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China