D.E Master Blenders has not been in talks with other buyers -CEO
AMSTERDAM, April 12
AMSTERDAM, April 12 (Reuters) - D.E Master Blenders has not been in talks with other possible interested buyers of the Dutch coffee and tea maker, its chief executive said on Friday.
Asked if the company has had contact with other potential buyers of the group, D.E Master Blenders CEO Jan Bennink said "No, there has not".
The maker of Douwe Egberts coffee and Pickwick tea has received a 7.5 billion euro takeover bid ($9.8 billion) from a group led by German investor Joh A Benckiser (JAB), it said earlier on Friday.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- Judge temporarily blocks law that could close all Louisiana abortion clinics