Dollarama posts higher profit, raises dividend
April 12 (Reuters) - Canadian dollar-store operator Dollarama Inc reported a 21 percent rise in quarterly profit as it sold more items priced above C$1.00 and it raised its dividend by 27 percent.
Net income rose to C$77.1 million ($76.3 million), or C$1.04 per share, in the fourth quarter from C$63.6 million, or 84 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Sales rose 20 percent to C$561.9 million.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls