INTL FCStone adds Thomas, Garland to precious metals team
NEW YORK, April 11
NEW YORK, April 11 (Reuters) - U.S. commodities brokerage INTL FCStone Inc said on Thursday its INTL Hanley unit has expanded its precious metals team by adding Peter Thomas and Thomas Garland as senior traders focusing on its North American precious metals trading business.
Thomas and Garland are joining INTL Hanley from a Chicago-based metals firm, where they developed two precious metals electronic trading systems, the firm said in a statement.
The two systems are INTL Bullion Cart, which allows traders to acquire precious metals via a web-based interface, and INTL Tornado Precious Metals Trading System, which traders can use to hedge their price risk.
INTL Hanley is a proprietary option market-making firm. In 2010, INTL FCStone acquired Hanley Group Ltd to become INTL Hanley.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ