Marine Harvest's prelim Q1 earnings lag fcast
OSLO, April 12
OSLO, April 12 (Reuters) - Marine Harvest, the world's biggest fish farmer, reported preliminary core earnings in the first quarter that were slightly under expectations at 480 million crowns ($83.71 million) compared with an average of 490 million crowns seen in a Reuters poll.
The firm harvested 80,000 tonnes of salmon over the same period, slightly above its own forecast of 75,000 tonnes it released in the fourth quarter of 2012, and the 76,000 tonnes seen in the Reuters poll.
Marine Harvest will publish its full first-quarter results on April 30.
($1 = 5.7344 Norwegian kroner) (Reporting by Gwladys Fouche)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief