U.S. warns North Korea against missile launch
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea would be making a "huge mistake" if it launched one of its medium-range missiles during the current standoff between it, the United States and South Korea, Secretary of State John Kerry warned on Friday.
"Kim Jong-un needs to understand, as I think he probably does, what the outcome of a conflict would be," Kerry said in reference to the North Korean leader after meeting with his South Korean counterpart in Seoul.
"Our hope is we can get back to talks."
(Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory