Centrica, QPI to buy C$1 bln of natural gas and oil assets
LONDON, April 15
LONDON, April 15 (Reuters) - British utility Centrica and Qatar Petroleum International (QPI) have bought a package of natural gas and crude oil assets from Suncor Energy for C$1 billion ($987 million), the two companies said on Monday.
The assets, which are located in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin, will be held in a new partnership in which Centrica will own a 60 percent share with the remaining 40 percent owned by QPI.
QPI is the international arm and wholly owned subsidiary of Qatar Petroleum. The deal is the first investment for the two companies since they signed a memorandum of understanding in Dec. 2011.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |