Energy & Exploration Partners buys Chesapeake acreage, output
April 15 (Reuters) - Energy & Exploration Partners Inc said on Monday it has acquired oil and gas acreage and some producing wells in east Texas from Chesapeake Energy Corp.
No purchase price was disclosed and a call to privately held Energy & Exploration was not immediately returned.
Chesapeake plans to sell up to $7 billion of its oil and natural gas properties this year to help fill a funding shortfall.
Energy & Exploration said it bought 57,275 acres and 11 producing wells in the Woodbine/Eagle Ford formation.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape