Energy & Exploration Partners buys Chesapeake acreage, output
April 15 (Reuters) - Energy & Exploration Partners Inc said on Monday it has acquired oil and gas acreage and some producing wells in east Texas from Chesapeake Energy Corp.
No purchase price was disclosed and a call to privately held Energy & Exploration was not immediately returned.
Chesapeake plans to sell up to $7 billion of its oil and natural gas properties this year to help fill a funding shortfall.
Energy & Exploration said it bought 57,275 acres and 11 producing wells in the Woodbine/Eagle Ford formation.
- Germany's Merkel says wants to find 'path to peace' over Ukraine crisis |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist