Dish offers to buy Sprint for $25.5 bln
April 15 (Reuters) - Dish Network Corp offered to buy Sprint Nextel Corp for $25.5 billion in cash and stock, a move that could thwart Sprint's proposed acquisition by Japan's SoftBank Corp.
Dish said it would pay $4.76 per share in cash and about 0.05953 in Dish stock, a premium of roughly 12 percent to Sprint's close on Friday.
Sprint agreed in October to sell 70 percent of its shares to SoftBank for $20 billion.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |