U.S. justices decline to hear Glaxo appeal over Avandia
WASHINGTON, April 15
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to consider whether private insurers can sue giant drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline Plc over health costs incurred by its Avandia diabetes drug.
Humana Inc's Humana Medical Plans had sued Glaxo for healthcare expenses Medicare patients incurred after using the drug, which has been linked to heart problems.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data