MetroPCS to cover activist shareholder's proxy expenses
April 16 (Reuters) - MetroPCS Communications Inc said on Tuesday it would reimburse activist shareholder P. Schoenfeld Asset Management about $2.8 million for expenses related to its proxy battle over MetroPCS's merger with T-Mobile USA, the U.S. business of Deutsche Telekom AG.
P. Schoenfeld Asset Management had headed a proxy battle against the merger that led to Deutsche Telekom sweetening the terms of the deal last week.
Shareholders are expected to vote on the deal on April 24.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image