Michelin says European tyre market falls 15 pct in March
PARIS, April 16
PARIS, April 16 (Reuters) - Michelin said the market for passenger car and light truck tyres fell 15 percent in Europe last month, while North America saw a 5 percent dip and Brazil a 2 percent rise.
The European market dropped 11 percent overall in the first quarter of 2013, compared with rises of 1 percent in North America and 7 percent in Brazil, Michelin said on its website.
The world's second-largest tyremaker, whose tyres equip vehicles ranging from bicycles to airliners, said in February that it expected sales volumes and operating profit would be flat in 2013.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |