Brazil's Cosan expects to crush 62 mln T cane this season
SAO PAULO, April 16
SAO PAULO, April 16 (Reuters) - Brazil's Cosan expects to crush 62 million tonnes of cane in the 2013/14 season that is just starting, below its 65 million tonne capacity, President Marcos Lutz said on Tuesday.
Speaking at a conference in Sao Paulo, Lutz said Brazilian mills were likely to favor ethanol over sugar production this season due to the low price of the sweetener. (Reporting by Gustavo Bonato; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick; Writing by Caroline Stauffer)
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Iraqi Kurdish forces enter Syria to fight Islamic State |