American Express first-quarter profit up 2 percent
April 17 (Reuters) - Credit card company American Express Co's first-quarter profit rose 2 percent as card member spending remained muted amid increased corporate cutbacks.
American Express profit rose to $1.28 billion, or $1.15 per share, for the quarter ended March 31, from $1.26 billion, or $1.07 per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue, net of interest expense, rose 4 percent to $7.88 billion.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command