Commercial Bank of Qatar Q1 net profit up 7 pct
DOHA, April 17
DOHA, April 17 (Reuters) - Commercial Bank of Qatar (CBQ), which is buying a majority stake in Turkey's Alternatifbank, posted a 7 percent increase in first-quarter net profit on Wednesday, beating analysts' expectations.
Net profit in the three months to the end of March was 506 million riyals ($139.0 million) compared to 471 million in the same period a year ago.
Analysts had forecast an average quarterly profit of 469 million riyals, according to a Reuters poll.
($1 = 3.6404 Qatar riyals) (Reporting By Regan Doherty, Editing by Andrew Torchia)
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness