Commercial Bank of Qatar Q1 net profit up 7 pct
DOHA, April 17
DOHA, April 17 (Reuters) - Commercial Bank of Qatar (CBQ), which is buying a majority stake in Turkey's Alternatifbank, posted a 7 percent increase in first-quarter net profit on Wednesday, beating analysts' expectations.
Net profit in the three months to the end of March was 506 million riyals ($139.0 million) compared to 471 million in the same period a year ago.
Analysts had forecast an average quarterly profit of 469 million riyals, according to a Reuters poll.
($1 = 3.6404 Qatar riyals) (Reporting By Regan Doherty, Editing by Andrew Torchia)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients