Getinge Q1 core profit falls, says profit outlook favourable
STOCKHOLM, April 17
STOCKHOLM, April 17 (Reuters) - Swedish medical technology group Getinge posted on Wednesday a slightly larger fall than expected in first-quarter profits but said the earnings outlook for 2013 was favourable.
Operating profit before interest, amortisation and restructuring costs fell to 792 million crowns ($124.2 million) from a year-earlier 854 million, compared with a consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts for 818 million.
Getinge forecast favourable profit growth excluding restructuring costs this year, with organic volume growth unchanged from or somewhat better than 2012.
It also stood by expectations for strong demand growth in emerging markets but weak demand in Europe. ($1 = 6.3756 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |