Getinge Q1 core profit falls, says profit outlook favourable
STOCKHOLM, April 17
STOCKHOLM, April 17 (Reuters) - Swedish medical technology group Getinge posted on Wednesday a slightly larger fall than expected in first-quarter profits but said the earnings outlook for 2013 was favourable.
Operating profit before interest, amortisation and restructuring costs fell to 792 million crowns ($124.2 million) from a year-earlier 854 million, compared with a consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts for 818 million.
Getinge forecast favourable profit growth excluding restructuring costs this year, with organic volume growth unchanged from or somewhat better than 2012.
It also stood by expectations for strong demand growth in emerging markets but weak demand in Europe. ($1 = 6.3756 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California