CANADA FX-C$ holds steady after Bank of Canada cuts forecasts
TORONTO, April 17
TORONTO, April 17 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar was little changed against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada held rates steady and sharply downgraded its growth expectations, while repeating that at some point it would probably tighten monetary policy.
The Canadian dollar changed hands at C$1.0267 to the greenback, or 97.40 U.S. cents, roughly the same level it was trading at just before Bank of Canada news.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media