CANADA FX-C$ holds steady after Bank of Canada cuts forecasts
TORONTO, April 17
TORONTO, April 17 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar was little changed against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada held rates steady and sharply downgraded its growth expectations, while repeating that at some point it would probably tighten monetary policy.
The Canadian dollar changed hands at C$1.0267 to the greenback, or 97.40 U.S. cents, roughly the same level it was trading at just before Bank of Canada news.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief