Euro falls sharply versus dollar, yen, hits session lows
NEW YORK, April 17
NEW YORK, April 17 (Reuters) - The euro extended its declines against the dollar to hit a session low below $1.31 in mid-morning trade on Wednesday.
The euro fell as low as $1.3062, according to Reuters data, and was last at $1.3064, down 0.8 percent on the day.
It also hit a session low of 127.73 yen and was last 127.76 yen, down 0.6 percent on the day.
Traders said there was market talk that European Central Bank policymaker Jens Weidmann was quoted as saying that the ECB may adjust interest rates if new information warrants a cut.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow