Millicom Q1 core profit tops forecast, repeats outlook
STOCKHOLM, April 17
STOCKHOLM, April 17 (Reuters) - Emerging markets telecoms group Millicom reported first-quarter core profit above expectations on Wednesday and repeated its full-year guidance.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were $494 million versus a mean forecast of $487 million in a Reuters poll of analysts and $517 million in the year-ago quarter.
The Latin America and Africa-focused operator said it expected its core profit margin to be above 40 percent in 2013, excluding the online business which it expects to make a loss.
(Reporting by Simon Johnson)
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia