RPT-Millicom Q1 core profit tops forecast, repeats outlook
(Repeats to additional alert with no changes in text)
STOCKHOLM, April 17 (Reuters) - Emerging markets telecoms group Millicom reported first-quarter core profit above expectations on Wednesday and repeated its full-year guidance.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were $494 million versus a mean forecast of $487 million in a Reuters poll of analysts and $517 million in the year-ago quarter.
The Latin America and Africa-focused operator said it expected its core profit margin to be above 40 percent in 2013, excluding the online business which it expects to make a loss.
(Reporting by Simon Johnson)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone