PNC profit rises 24 percent
April 17 (Reuters) - PNC Financial Services Group Inc's first-quarter profit rose 24 percent as the regional lender made more money from fees and interest.
Net income rose to $1.00 billion, or $1.76 per share from $811 million, or $1.44 per share, a year earlier.
The Pittsburgh-based bank's net interest income rose 4 percent to $2.39 billion. Non-interest income rose 9 percent to $1.57 billion.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead