PNC profit rises 24 percent
April 17 (Reuters) - PNC Financial Services Group Inc's first-quarter profit rose 24 percent as the regional lender made more money from fees and interest.
Net income rose to $1.00 billion, or $1.76 per share from $811 million, or $1.44 per share, a year earlier.
The Pittsburgh-based bank's net interest income rose 4 percent to $2.39 billion. Non-interest income rose 9 percent to $1.57 billion.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai