Baxter posts lower earnings on acqusition-related expenses
April 18 (Reuters) - Baxter International Inc on Thursday said its quarterly net earnings fell slightly, even as sales rose, as acquisition-related costs ate into profits.
Net earnings were $552 million, or $1.00 per share, in the first quarter, compared with $588 million, or $1.04 per share, in the year-earlier period.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry