Capital One Financial profit falls
April 18 (Reuters) - Capital One Financial Corp's quarterly profit fell about 25 percent from the year-earlier period, when the company recorded a $594 million gain related to its purchase of ING's online banking business ING Direct.
The company's net income fell to $1.1 billion, or $1.79 per share, in the first quarter from $1.4 billion, or $2.72 per share.
Excluding the gain related to the ING Direct deal, the company had earned $1.56 per share a year earlier.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory