Schaeuble says Cyprus bailout averts contagion
BERLIN, April 18
BERLIN, April 18 (Reuters) - There would be a high risk of contagion to other euro zone countries if Cyprus was allowed to go bankrupt, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said in a speech to parliament on Thursday before a vote to approve a bailout for the Mediterranean island nation.
Schaeuble also said that while uncertainty linked to the euro crisis was still weighing on markets, it had diminished considerably over the past months.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data